Thank you for your interest in a clinical fellowship position in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism in the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipid Research at Washington University School of Medicine. Applications for July 1, 2018, will be accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants will begin applying as of July 1st and programs will begin reviewing applications on July 15th.
Interviews will be conducted to select four (4) first year fellows based on academic accomplishment and proven clinical skills. The period of training is for not less than two years; three years are strongly recommended.
J1 visas and H1 transfer visas are considered depending on the availability of funding sources each year.
Qualifications for admission to the fellowship program include the successful completion of a three year program in internal medicine, and US citizenship or a valid visa. Graduates of foreign medical schools must provide proof of having passed the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certifying examinations.
Applications must include:
- Completed Universal Application (ERAS Common Application form)
- Personal statement including description of career plans
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE scores
- ECFMG status report for foreign medical graduates
- Dean’s letter of recommendation for internship
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation including one letter from the Chief of your clinical services or your thesis advisor
- A letter from your former research mentor is requested if you have prior research experience
- July 1, 2017: Applicants may begin applying to program
- July 15, 2017: ERAS post office opens for downloading applications
- December, 2017: MATCH
- July 1, 2018: Fellowship training begins
Other helpful information may be found at the following web sites:
- Washington University Graduate Medical Education Consortium
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- American Medical Association’s Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database